The STEM Teacher Leader Cadre (STEM TLC) is a group of teacher leaders in a variety of STEM subjects and grades, who are trained on STEM resources, partnership-building, and how to lead professional development for their peers. The STEM TLC is comprised of early to mid-career teacher leaders (and aspiring teacher leaders), from all four quadrants in the District, and represent public and public charter elementary, middle, and high schools.Overview
The STEM TLC is a year-long program for full-time DC Public School (DCPS) and DC Public Charter (DCPCS) school teachers. The DC STEM Network is looking for outstanding, experienced, Pre-K–12th grade STEM teacher leaders who will:
- build their leadership capacity
- identify and share promising practices in schools and across communities
- support and cultivate strategies to engage underrepresented, underserved youth in STEM
- develop professional learning communities to support sustained engagement
- build understanding and knowledge of available student engagement, career building, and STEM learning resources
- develop content knowledge
STEM TLC appointments commence in the summer and continue throughout the following academic year.
Application to become a member of a TLC cohort is currently open.
Participants will receive:
- $1,500 stipend
- Recognition as a DC STEM Ambassador
- Regular professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Eligibility to apply for up to $250 to support personal professional development goals (conference attendance, approved STEM courses, etc.)
- Recognition of your accomplishments and status at a DC teacher recognition event, press release and social media
- Current, full-time DCPS or DCPCS Pre-K-High School teacher
- At least three (3) years STEM teaching experience in DCPS or DCPCS
- Active DC teacher certification preferred
- For all applicants, a Bachelor’s degree is required; for middle and high school teachers, a Master’s degree with a concentration in a STEM discipline is preferred
- Attendance and active participation in a STEM Leadership Institute, July 25th -28th, 2016 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm)
- Participation in monthly STEM PD sessions
- Active participation as a DC STEM Ambassador
- Providing at least one professional development workshop for school, district, or community.
- Commitment to teach, full-time, in DCPS or DCPCS for the duration of the 2016-2017 school year.
- Signing a Memorandum of Agreement detailing roles and responsibilities of STEM TLC.
Interested in joining the STEM TLC? Apply online today!